Friday 11 January 2013

Eczema is curable

Day 35

It is thirty five days now since I started this experiment to rid myself from eczema that has been a major health issue for me. And even though the medical establishment say there is no known cure I can say now that the rash has all but disappeared, I still have a few places on my body that the rash persists, mainly on my feet, my skin is not dry and scaly any more, it is looking good and I get comments on how well I look now, the itch is now very mild and I am confident that if I persist with what I am doing It will go completely and I am sure for good.

The steps that I have taken in the past to avoid flare ups was to rid my home of the 80% wool carpet and paint the concrete floor with non allergic paint that I was able to use myself., a new mattress and foods that I have learnt to avoid,

Excerpts from medialnewstoday.com

There is currently no cure for atopic eczema- there is no treatment that gets rid of it for good, as with the case with surgery to cure blindness caused by cataracts. However there are a variety of treatments which focus on the symptoms as well as stratifies to avoid triggers and may improve the patients quality of life considerably.

Avoid scratching

Itchiness is a common part of eczema, and scratching is a natural reaction to deal with the itching. Unfortunately, scratching ( I find almost impossible) will invariably further aggravate the skin and make symptoms worse. Scratching also raises the risk of infection.

Avoid trigger factors

A good doctor will have established a list of factors that trigger eczema flares. The penitent should avoid them as much as possible. Parents/guardians need to remind children of the triggers and help them to avoid them.

People with atopic eczema usually avoid clothes made of synthetic fibres and opt natural materials such as cotton ( I have personally found bamboo fibre socks excellent and hemp is becoming popular)

We know that dust mites ( pet dander) are likely triggers for many people,. However, most studies have found that trying to eradicate them from your home is very time consuming and dose not seem to be very effective in reducing the frequency of flare ups. ( I replaced my mattress for a Wenatex mattress that has built in mite protection for the sleeper).www.wenatex.com.au  phone 1800659969 (aus) for Event Booking.

No comments:

Post a Comment