Friday 25 January 2013

I am well and happy

Day 48

I am feeling a lot better as the rash is now only on my thighs front and back and the itch is almost non existent, the recovery from my excesses were swift this time. My legs ached, a bit this morning for a short time so overall things are progressing well and I am happy. One has to only think that there are always people much worse off than oneself, as in the story i have been reading.

I have been reading a book that i borrowed from the library at the soup kitchen it is about a man James Frey a heartbreaking memoir of addiction. Since the age of twelve he was getting drunk, then in his teens he was passing out every day with booze, he then progresses to cocaine, smack glue.and any thing else he could get his hands on to get out of it, till he has destroyed his body and his mind almost beyond repair. He finds himself on a plane headed to a rehab clinic, I am about half way through, It is appalling, honest and darkly funny. It is called, “a million little pieces”.

1 comment:

  1. It's good to finally see your blog dad!
    I read that book a few years ago, it's pretty heavy

    ReplyDelete