Tuesday 8 January 2013

The less contaminants the better for low maintenance durability, wear and tear.

Day 32

Today I went over to the coast to visit my second oldest son his wife and my grand daughter, we went to the movies and saw the film life of pi and had lunch, I thought it was a great movie.

I have been writing about the Essenes because their life style, what I am aiming for is to emulate their longevity, excellent health and vitality. I know of course that is would be virtually impossible to live such an austere way of life for one brought up in this modern Western World. They had lived for centuries with that culture and way of life.

Before starting this experiment I was already eating fairly simple and healthy food but it was the grain based food the sugar and salt, plus all the other things such as tea and coffee etc that was causing me grief. The changes have not been that difficult for me as it maybe for others. The food I now eat is still enjoyable tasty and satisfying even without the salt, condiments and cooking. The partaking of food is more than just sensory stimuli of taste and the satisfaction of a full gut, it is what the body requires to maintain and function properly. Our bodies just like a car or any other machine depend on the quality of the fuel for top performance. The less contaminants the better for low maintenance durability, wear and tear.

No comments:

Post a Comment